Behavioral Code of Conduct
In order to help promote a family-friendly environment and to ensure a pleasant shopping environment we ask all visitors to refrain from the following:
1. Using obscene language, obscene gestures, or racial, religious or ethnic slurs.
2. Violence, threats of violence, fighting, physical abuse or physically or verbally threatening any person, or hostility of any kind.
3. Annoying others through noisy or boisterous activities or by unnecessary staring or following someone through the mall and parking lot.
4. Sexually explicit language or conduct.
5. Yelling, screaming, singing, playing musical instruments, radios or other sound generating equipment or otherwise communicating in a manner which creates noises of sufficient volume to impinge on the hearing or peace of other mall patrons.
6. Standing or stopping on stairs, walking pathways in such a manner as to impede the flow of pedestrian traffic.
7. Running, wrestling, horse playing, skating, skate boarding, rollerblading, bicycling, and/or riding a scooter; or otherwise being disruptive or creating a disturbance, obstructing or interfering with the free flow of pedestrian or vehicular traffic or with patron’s view of doorways, windows, and/or other
merchant or mall displays.
8. Assembling, demonstrating, parading, picketing, marching, walking abreast in groups of four or more and/or loitering for the purpose of disturbing the peace or any unlawful purpose, disrupting the shopping enjoyment of customers, or disrupting the intended business use of the mall.
9. Any form of solicitation, sales of products or services, or distributing handbills, leaflets, commercial advertising or promotional material of any kind or offering samples of items, which are sold, available for sale or available in exchange for a donation or contribution without prior written permission of mall management.
10. Engaging in any act, activity or behavior which by its nature is illegal and/or in violation of any statute, law, rule or ordinance.
11. Attendance of children (under age 18) during school hours unaccompanied by a parent, teacher or legal guardian (excluding school holidays and home schooled students). Unaccompanied children ages 16-17 may produce proof of reduced school hours or completion thereof.
12. Displaying or wearing any item which depicts sexually explicit activity, illegal activity or obscene or offensive language, wearing clothing or lack of clothing that is likely to create a disturbance or embroil others in open conflict or that offends community standards of decency, or that impinges on the
sensitivities of others in the mall.
13. Failing to wear shoes and a shirt.
14. Gang activity, including wearing of apparel intended to indicate gang membership or to communicate gang behavior. This includes the use of gang symbols or slogans.
15. Creating litter by discarding paper, glass or other matter of any kind, anywhere except in a trash receptacle.
16. Defacing, damaging, destroying or removing any real or personal property constituting part of or located in or on the mall property.
17. Overnight parking; parking in non-designated parking areas, parking in fire lanes or other no parking areas, erratic or careless driving, exceeding the posted speed limit, or use of a vehicle in manner inconsistent with shopping center traffic markings or signage. Parking violators may be subject to towing
at the vehicle owner’s expense.
18. Bringing animals on mall property with the exception of animals in the company of persons trained to assist physically challenged patrons, those animals going to or from pet stores or photography studios or involved in center sponsored events.
19. Sitting anywhere or on anything other than chairs or benches designed for such purposes located in designated areas of the mall, or any improper use of mall amenities.
20. Carrying or displaying weapons of any kind except those carried by certified law enforcement officers in the performance of their duties.
21. Being intoxicated and/or possessing or being under the influence of illegal drugs.
22. Possessing any open container of alcohol or consuming alcohol anywhere except in businesses licensed to sell alcoholic beverages.
23. Selling or providing alcohol or tobacco products to underage persons; purchasing alcohol or tobacco products by underage persons.
24. Family Friendly Hours: Youth under the age of 18 who are at Central Mall after 5:00 PM Friday and Saturday evenings must be under the direct supervision and control of a parent or guardian, 21 years or older, and all parties must comply with Central Mall’s Code of Conduct Policy.
This list is not all inclusive and may be modified at any time by the management of this mall. This mall is a smoke-free environment. Smoking is permitted only in designated areas. Violation of this code of conduct may result in expulsion from this property in addition to any other legal remedies that mall management may choose to exercise.
This shopping center is private property and no rights shall accrue to the public by virtue of the
public’s entry into this mall or on mall property. This “Behavioral Code of Conduct” is not intended
to deprive any person of their applicable civil rights or liberties under the law. If you feel your
rights are being violated; please notify the mall management office.